From: Curtd on
I have a excel database that I track multiple entries based on customer ID
#s. Depending on the ID # depends on what sheet the data goes on. Each sheet
is set up the same way, in a couple of the columns I have the vlookup formula
that looks up the ID # that is typed in and if it is listed on the
appointment sheet, that sheet tracks all the appointments, the vlookup (in
column A of all the sheets) will display the appointment date (if one exist)
otherwise it would be blank.

What I need to know is two things:
First is it possible to have the form put the new data on the proper sheet
depending on the customer ID #? (example if the ID # is 154 it would go on
sheet 1, if it is 267 it would go on sheet 2, 312 would go on sheet 3, and so
on)

Second, if it is possible to have the vlookup be automatically be put in the
cell that accomplishes the lookup depending on the ID #? (Example; column C
is the customer ID# 154 and column A is the vlookup of the ID # that would
display the appointment date 10/01/10.) I need the vlookup formula to be
entered into column A in case the appointment date is changed, this is so
that date will always display the correct date.

Thank you in advance for the any help or webs site information that may help.

Curt
From: JLGWhiz on
How is the customer ID# entered by the user? Inputbox, textbox, Cell on
sheet? Is the input control on a UserForm? It would help if you could post
the related code for entering the User ID #.

"Curtd" <Curtd(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a excel database that I track multiple entries based on customer ID
> #s. Depending on the ID # depends on what sheet the data goes on. Each
> sheet
> is set up the same way, in a couple of the columns I have the vlookup
> formula
> that looks up the ID # that is typed in and if it is listed on the
> appointment sheet, that sheet tracks all the appointments, the vlookup (in
> column A of all the sheets) will display the appointment date (if one
> exist)
> otherwise it would be blank.
>
> What I need to know is two things:
> First is it possible to have the form put the new data on the proper sheet
> depending on the customer ID #? (example if the ID # is 154 it would go on
> sheet 1, if it is 267 it would go on sheet 2, 312 would go on sheet 3, and
> so
> on)
>
> Second, if it is possible to have the vlookup be automatically be put in
> the
> cell that accomplishes the lookup depending on the ID #? (Example; column
> is the customer ID# 154 and column A is the vlookup of the ID # that would
> display the appointment date 10/01/10.) I need the vlookup formula to be
> entered into column A in case the appointment date is changed, this is so
> that date will always display the correct date.
>
> Thank you in advance for the any help or webs site information that may
> help.
>
> Curt

Pages: 1
Prev: EXCEL Macro problem