From: Stacie2410 on
I have a workbook that has several sheets that refer to each other with
formulas throughout.

The first sheet is a block of data where I enter data into columns E, G, H,
P, R, S, T, U and Y. Columns A, B, C, D, F, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, V, W and
X all have formulas in them (many are VLOOKUP and some are calculations).
These cells all have a certain format as well (that differs from column to
column), such as date format, number format (some are percentages, some are
decimals with 8 decimal points, etc), conditional formatting differs for each
row, etc.

That being said, I need all of the formulas and formats to continue down the
columns indefinitely so that when i go to enter data into my data entry
columns, the cells with formulas react properly. I did have the formulas
entered down about 100 rows, however, if there are formulas in rows where
there's no data yet, my COUNTA function from a different sheet within the
workbook doesn't work. The only thing I could do to make that function work
properly was to delete the next available rows data so that the next cell was
empty.

I'm wondering if there's a way to have excel automatically enter formulas in
the appropriate cells if column E of that row contains a value.

Any help is appreciated tremendously!
From: Wouter HM on
Hi Stacie,

What yo u coulf try is making your formulas a bit clever, if you did
not do so.
Let us say you have in your A column a formula

=myFormula(E2,G2,H2)

Ic cound be

=IF(ISEMPTY(E2),"";myFormula(E2,G2,H2))

A COUNT on column A will not include those rows whithout a value in
the E column, since the COUNT formula only includes numeric values.

HTH,

Woute