From: Damian on
OK I started a question earlier about this and I got it answered BUT now I
would like to modify it further.

Here it is:
=IF(C2=1,SUM(First:Last!A1),"")

What I need this function to do is for each worksheet check if cell C1 has 1
in it and if if does include it in the sum.

This function right now only checks C1 in the worksheet I have the function
in.

I need it to be something like this(I know this is wrong)

=IF((First:Last!C2=1),SUM(First:Last!A1),"")

Thank You

From: T. Valko on
>I started a question earlier about this and I got
>it answered BUT now I would like to modify
>it further.
>I need it to be something like this(I know this is wrong)
>=IF((First:Last!C2=1),SUM(First:Last!A1),"")

Basically, what you want is a SUMIF across sheets. I foind and read your
earlier post where you say you don't know how many sheets will be involved.
To use a SUMIF across sheets you'd *have* to know how many sheets need to be
included and what the sheet names are.

So, if I were you I'd use a formula on each of the sheets in the same cell
like this:

=(C2=1)*A1

Then, you can use another one of these formulas to get the grand total from
all the sheets:

=SUM(First:Last!X1)

Where X1 on each sheet holds the formula =(C2=1)*A1.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP