From: Jorge on
On Mar 23, 9:09 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > In my logs: still 13% IE6. GRRRRRRR !
>
> LOL.  So, you see reality as just an inconvenience for your delusions?

A flock of fools.
--
Jorge.
From: David Mark on
Jorge wrote:
> On Mar 23, 9:09 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> In my logs: still 13% IE6. GRRRRRRR !
>> LOL. So, you see reality as just an inconvenience for your delusions?
>
> A flock of fools.

So you have a low opinion of 15% of your market. Does that mean you
should purposely aggravate them? They won't know why your site suddenly
broke and may well go elsewhere as a result. Some conscientious
visitors may lodge a complain, but then what do you do? Insult their
choice (or non-choice) of browser. Face it, Jorge. Your buddy is dead
wrong on this one. You'd be a fool to listen.
From: Jorge on
On Mar 23, 9:56 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Jorge wrote:
> >> LOL.  So, you see reality as just an inconvenience for your delusions?
>
> > A flock of fools.
>
> So you have a low opinion of 15% of your market.  Does that mean you
> should purposely aggravate them?  They won't know why your site suddenly
> broke and may well go elsewhere as a result.

That's the reason why nobody dares to be the first to drop IE6. They
should do it all at once.

> Some conscientious
> visitors may lodge a complain, but then what do you do?  Insult their
> choice (or non-choice) of browser.

What do you do with a browser that no longer takes you where you want
to go ?
Or why don't you browse with Mosaic anymore ?
Would you ever need switch if the David Marks in the world keep coding
work arounds forever ?

> Face it, Jorge.  Your buddy is dead
> wrong on this one.  You'd be a fool to listen.

I say what the voices in my head tell me to say.
--
Jorge.
From: David Mark on
Jorge wrote:
> On Mar 23, 9:56 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jorge wrote:
>>> A flock of fools.
>> So you have a low opinion of 15% of your market. Does that mean you
>> should purposely aggravate them? They won't know why your site suddenly
>> broke and may well go elsewhere as a result.
>
> That's the reason why nobody dares to be the first to drop IE6.

And you are bold in this regard?

> They
> should do it all at once.

Won't happen. Think about it.

>> Some conscientious
>> visitors may lodge a complain, but then what do you do? Insult their
>> choice (or non-choice) of browser.
>
> What do you do with a browser that no longer takes you where you want
> to go ?

What you don't seem to understand is that some corporate users and The
Little Old Ladies from Pasadena (for name two groups) may be incapable
of changing their browsers.

> Or why don't you browse with Mosaic anymore ?

I never did browse with Mosaic. What's your point?

> Would you ever need switch if the David Marks in the world keep coding
> work arounds forever ?

Ah, I see. This is somehow my fault. :)

>> Face it, Jorge. Your buddy is dead
>> wrong on this one. You'd be a fool to listen.
>
> I say what the voices in my head tell me to say.

Tell them to pipe down. They are leading you astray.