From: JimHugh on
Hello,

I am running CCS v3.3 on F2812. I set up a break point at asm("
ESTOP0"); in interrupt void ILLEGAL_ISR(void). Is there a trace facility
on CCS I can trace down the code caused ILLEGAL_ISR?

If not, I've opened CPU register on CCS, the PC pointed to the ILLEGAL_ISR
address, which CPU register on F2812 CCS hold the code address which caused
ILLEGAL_ISR?

Thank you.

Jim

From: Korenje on
On Mar 13, 2:14 pm, "JimHugh" <y...(a)bizmail.com.au> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running CCS v3.3 on F2812. I set up a break point at asm("
> ESTOP0"); in interrupt void ILLEGAL_ISR(void). Is there a trace facility
> on CCS I can trace down the code caused ILLEGAL_ISR?
>
> If not, I've opened CPU register on CCS, the PC pointed to the ILLEGAL_ISR
> address, which CPU register on F2812 CCS hold the code address which caused
> ILLEGAL_ISR?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jim

Hi Jim

Either it is on the stack (document SPRU430D, page 3-14 describing
automatic context save), or it is in the RPC (return program counter).

How is the CCS 3.3 working out for you? A friend of mind finds it slow
compared to 3.1 and it has practically nothing new to offer for C2000
family. If they would fix the watch window, so that you could set font
size I'd switch immediately (working on a 1600x1200 desktop).

Regards, Mitja

From: Brad Griffis on
Korenje wrote:
> On Mar 13, 2:14 pm, "JimHugh" <y...(a)bizmail.com.au> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am running CCS v3.3 on F2812. I set up a break point at asm("
>> ESTOP0"); in interrupt void ILLEGAL_ISR(void). Is there a trace facility
>> on CCS I can trace down the code caused ILLEGAL_ISR?
>>
>> If not, I've opened CPU register on CCS, the PC pointed to the ILLEGAL_ISR
>> address, which CPU register on F2812 CCS hold the code address which caused
>> ILLEGAL_ISR?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Jim
>
> Hi Jim
>
> Either it is on the stack (document SPRU430D, page 3-14 describing
> automatic context save), or it is in the RPC (return program counter).
>
> How is the CCS 3.3 working out for you? A friend of mind finds it slow
> compared to 3.1 and it has practically nothing new to offer for C2000
> family. If they would fix the watch window, so that you could set font
> size I'd switch immediately (working on a 1600x1200 desktop).
>
> Regards, Mitja

Section 3.6 of spru430d describes the "illegal instruction trap" which
operates whenever an illegal instruction is decoded. This is
functionally equivalent to executing "TRAP #19" in software. The TRAP
instruction is discussed in section 3.5.2 and in the tables/figures
following it shows that the return address would be on top of the stack.

Pages: 1
Prev: MMSE
Next: TMS57070 datasheet