From: Bob Eldred on

"Tom MacIntyre" <tom__macintyre(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 9 May 2005 14:43:33 -0700, "Bob Eldred"
> <nsmontassoc(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> >"Music Man" <j.michael(a)cwcom.net> wrote in message
> >> How does impedance mismatches alter signals?
> >> I know you lose HF but always wanted to know how different frequencies
> >> are affected by different circuitry.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >
> >First off, maximum power is transferred when impedances match.
>
> I may be wrong, but, in strictly technical terms, isn't it when the
> resistive components are equal and the reactive components are equal
> but opposite, complex conjugates (?) of one another?
>
> Tom

Yes, you are correct but I'm trying to keep it simple and not bring
reactance into it at this level. First things first is a basic understanding
of the underlying principles and why line reflections occur and are
important. If the basic concepts are not there, complex conjugates are
going to fall on deaf ears.
Bob

From: Music Man on
So are you saying,basically,that the high capacitance can't deal with the
faster frequencies?
Thanks

From: John Popelish on
Music Man wrote:
> So are you saying,basically,that the high capacitance can't deal with the
> faster frequencies?
> Thanks

Capacitance deals with high frequencies just fine, by sucking current
out of it. ;-)

Seriously, the effect is that the higher the frequency, the lower the
impedance (volts per ampere) the capacitor exhibits. This can be a
bad thing if you are trying to avoid it (like sending audio through a
long chunk of high capacitance cable from a high impedance source like
a guitar pickup, and the cable soaks up the higher frequencies) or
real handy if you are making use of the effect (like you do in a tone
control circuit).
From: Music Man on
So what is the relation to frequency and capacitance John?
Could you explain on how audio signals are "expressed" in electronic
circuits.
What is need to creat a clean signals?How resistors creat noise and add to
signal?
What I mean is why would a Neve mixing console sound better than a cheapo
desk.

From: Buddy Smith on
Music Man <j.michael(a)cwcom.net> wrote:
> Could you explain on how audio signals are "expressed" in electronic
> circuits.

If you want to learn more about audio equipment, I'd start with the
prosoundweb's study hall. Impedance:
http://www.prosoundweb.com/include/php/sitejump.php?lid=www.whirlwindusa.com/tech03.html

ttyl,

--buddy
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Home wiring
Next: PIC based Pt100 RTD temp sensor circuit