From: Tormod Willassen on
I have a number of directories from HP48GX, these contain variables and
some equations.

Is it possible to import these directories to my hp49g+ ?
I tried, but only got a string on my g+.
It was not recognized as a directory.

Tormod
From: rs1n on
If the directory contains only things you created on the HP48 itself,
then you can transfer the entire directory to your computer using
ASCII transfers (as opposed to binary). Then do another ASCII transfer
from your computer to the HP49G+. Just make sure to set the mode to
ASCII.

On the HP48, you can do this via:

[Lshift] [1] [B - IOPAR] [B - ASCII]

From: Andreas Möller on
And set your 49G+ to 'Approx. mode on' (SF -105) to ensure that reals
in your programs are treated as reals on the 49G+ and not as ZINTs.

Regards,
Andreas

From: Tormod Willassen on
Andreas M�ller wrote:
> And set your 49G+ to 'Approx. mode on' (SF -105) to ensure that reals
> in your programs are treated as reals on the 49G+ and not as ZINTs.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

I have tried to transfer this as text.
The directory is only shown in the stack of the 49G+ as a string.

I transfer from the 48GX to the computer as text.
Then I transfer from computer to 49G+ as text.

The dir is only shown as a string, and can not be saved as a directory.

I use "HP48g,HP49g and HP 50g series calculator connectivety kit"
Version 2.3 Build 2439 to transfer.

Is there any other software I should be using ?

Regards

Tormod
From: John H Meyers on
On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 07:21:20 -0600, Tormod Willassen wrote:

> I transfer from the 48GX to the computer as text.

Can you open the text file using Notepad?

What is its first line?

> Then I transfer from computer to 49G+ as text.
> The dir is only shown as a string, and can not be saved as a directory..

What are the first characters of the string?

> I use "HP48g,HP49g and HP 50g series calculator connectivity kit"
> Version 2.3 Build 2439 to transfer.

That's the advertised latest model :)

http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=5890

[r->] [OFF]