From: David on
I just learned something after all these years. DUH!!!!

Err.Number and Err.Description is assignable with your
own Number and Description.
Never seen this mentioned anywhere.

Hence if you do:

Err.Raise MY_ERR_CONSTANT

in the local error procedure you can assign:

Err.Number = MY_ERR_CONSTANT
Err.Description = "this is my Error"

====================
This can then be handled by your global error routine

From: Bob Butler on

"David" <NoWhere(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I just learned something after all these years. DUH!!!!
>
> Err.Number and Err.Description is assignable with your
> own Number and Description.
> Never seen this mentioned anywhere.
>
> Hence if you do:
>
> Err.Raise MY_ERR_CONSTANT
>
> in the local error procedure you can assign:
>
> Err.Number = MY_ERR_CONSTANT
> Err.Description = "this is my Error"
>
> ====================
> This can then be handled by your global error routine

Why wouldn't you just supply the info in the err.raise

Err.Raise vbObjectError + 1024, "My Procedure Name", "My Error Description"

From: David on
Mr. Butler:

What you suggest is "doable", but I currently have more info
that I have been getting:

Was doing:

With TError
.Type (enum -- Critical, Warning, Info)
.Name (Module and proc name)
.Action (enum - MsgOnly, MsgAndLog, LogOnly)
.Data (string with specific info I want)
End With

DoError

There is a lot of other info in the main error module: (which computer,
timestamps, etc)
which are not part of a normal procedure.

Since I now realize I can assign my error description to Err.Description
(lighting strikes sometimes :>)) ,
I'm looking at getting rid of my TError structure and doing:

Err.Description = string with specific info I want (formerly .Data)
DoError (Type, Name, Action)

Will still do what's needed, but I believe a little cleaner code.