From: Nick H on
I had no joy with my other post 'Trying to read
CustomDocumentProperties of an open 2007 AddIn Options ' so I'm trying
another tack...

To work around a problem I'm having, since upgrading a complex tool to
Excel 2007, I need to ensure that my Version Checker AddIn always
opens before my Engine AddIn.

Is there any useable logic that dictates the order in which Excel
opens its installed AddIns (e.g. alphabetical, order of installation,
position in list) or is it one of those unknown internal processes
that will forever remain a mystery?

Br, Nick.
From: Peter T on
First ComAddins and automation addins load, then addins load in the order
they were installed. See here

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options

and look at the OPEN's

Guessing at your objective, instead of installing your "Engine" addin why
not get your "Version Checker" to load it. Either in its own open event or
get Version checker to add a button to the toolbar (ensure the onaction
includes full path). It will then load on user's demand.

Regards,
Peter T

From: Nick H on
Thanks Peter

Useful info and I like your suggestion of loading the Engine via the
Version Checker. Why are the simplest and most obvious ideas always
the most elusive? <g>

Br, Nick.