From: lmeier on
We've been experiencing issues with inbound email messages being blocked.
Looking at the log file, I see the following messages:

Oct 16 08:53:17 mail1 sendmail[24152]: n9GCrGZ0024152: to=<user(a)domain.com>,
delay=00:00:01, pri=0, stat=aborted by sender

(user and domain changed for security purposes).

Does anyone know what I should be looking at to resolving this issue?

Thank you,
Layne

From: lmeier on
Please disregard this posting. We found that our problems are with Postini.
Nice of them to let us know their system crashed 3 days ago.

From: dp on
lmeier wrote:
> Please disregard this posting. We found that our problems are with Postini.
> Nice of them to let us know their system crashed 3 days ago.
>

> lmeier <lmeier(a)ajc.com> wrote:
>
>> We've been experiencing issues with inbound email messages being blocked.
>> Looking at the log file, I see the following messages:
>>
>> Oct 16 08:53:17 mail1 sendmail[24152]: n9GCrGZ0024152: to=<user(a)domain.com>,
>> delay=00:00:01, pri=0, stat=aborted by sender
>>
>> (user and domain changed for security purposes).
>>
>> Does anyone know what I should be looking at to resolving this issue?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Layne

postini is Google, and I just don't like Google much. I'd surely not like to
know they're scouring all the mail sent through postini but I can't think of any
reason why they wouldn't. Why wouldn't the world's most aggressive search engine
not crawl every message postini handles?

If gmail weren't such a big source of spam I'd cut them a bit of slack, but
gmail is a substantial source of spam, so I don't. I've often wondered what
might happen to spam traffic if everyone blocked Google mail for one day each
year. Naturally the retries would be oppressive, and the flotsam would finally
be delivered, but do you suppose it would humble google just the tiniest bit?
Maybe get their attention?

dp
From: Knute Johnson on
dp wrote:
> lmeier wrote:
>> Please disregard this posting. We found that our problems are with
>> Postini. Nice of them to let us know their system crashed 3 days ago.
>>

>> lmeier <lmeier(a)ajc.com> wrote:
>>
>>> We've been experiencing issues with inbound email messages being
>>> blocked. Looking at the log file, I see the following messages:
>>>
>>> Oct 16 08:53:17 mail1 sendmail[24152]: n9GCrGZ0024152:
>>> to=<user(a)domain.com>, delay=00:00:01, pri=0, stat=aborted by sender
>>>
>>> (user and domain changed for security purposes).
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what I should be looking at to resolving this issue?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Layne
>>>

> postini is Google, and I just don't like Google much. I'd surely not
> like to know they're scouring all the mail sent through postini but I
> can't think of any reason why they wouldn't. Why wouldn't the world's
> most aggressive search engine not crawl every message postini handles?
>
> If gmail weren't such a big source of spam I'd cut them a bit of slack,
> but gmail is a substantial source of spam, so I don't. I've often
> wondered what might happen to spam traffic if everyone blocked Google
> mail for one day each year. Naturally the retries would be oppressive,
> and the flotsam would finally be delivered, but do you suppose it would
> humble google just the tiniest bit? Maybe get their attention?
>
> dp

You would probably get arrested for being a terrorist or something :-).

--

Knute Johnson
email s/nospam/knute2009/

From: Loki Harfagr on
Sun, 18 Oct 2009 10:39:52 -0700, Knute Johnson did cat :

> dp wrote:
>> lmeier wrote:
>>> Please disregard this posting. We found that our problems are with
>>> Postini. Nice of them to let us know their system crashed 3 days ago.

>> postini is Google, and I just don't like Google much. I'd surely not
>> like to know they're scouring all the mail sent through postini but I
>> can't think of any reason why they wouldn't. Why wouldn't the world's
>> most aggressive search engine not crawl every message postini handles?
>>
>> If gmail weren't such a big source of spam I'd cut them a bit of slack,
>> but gmail is a substantial source of spam, so I don't. I've often
>> wondered what might happen to spam traffic if everyone blocked Google
>> mail for one day each year. Naturally the retries would be oppressive,
>> and the flotsam would finally be delivered, but do you suppose it would
>> humble google just the tiniest bit? Maybe get their attention?
>>
>> dp
>
> You would probably get arrested for being a terrorist or something :-).

probably, and new laws to enforce the 'against proactive didacticism act' ;-)

still, dennis idea is quite interesting but it'd need a real worldwide
synchronization to be seen and properly understood as what it was and
not just another transient noise.