From: jm27102 on
I generate SSIS package multiple table data loads, and write a record to a
data generation table. I wish to insert the last data generation date from a
SQL Server into the header (or footer) of an SSRS report.
Does anyone have thoughts on best practice for this ?
Thank you,
From: Uri Dimant on
Issue SELECT TOP 1 datecolumn FROM tbl ORDER BY datecolumn DESC

From: jm27102 on
Hi Uri,
Thank you for your input.
I understand that aspect of it.
What I am not clear on is creating a secondary data source in the query to
pull data from that table so it can be placed in the header.
The data source needs to be pulled just once, and inserted. Somewhat similar
to a DLookup in MS Access, I presume ?