From: Kevin K on
It gave me the same error. I think it was something with the
directory I was running the install from. A space or something in it.
From: MRE on
On 6 Jul., 00:20, Kevin K <kevi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> It gave me the same error.  I think it was something with the
> directory I was running the install from.  A space or something in it.

I got the same error (on Leopard). Had to tinker with the install
script then it went nicely.

Regards,

Marc
From: Stephen Sangwine on
On 2010-07-05 23:20:52 +0100, Kevin K <kevink4(a)gmail.com> said:

> It gave me the same error. I think it was something with the
> directory I was running the install from. A space or something in it.

Yes! You have pointed me in the direction of the error.

The problem is this: when I downloaded GNAT GPL 2010 I also asked
for XMLADA and the tar file contains two top-level directories,
one of them called "GNAT GPL" (with a space). Below this is the
directory gnat-2010-x86_64-apple-darwin9.6.0-bin. I ran the
doinstall script from the directory

~/Desktop/AdaCore/Gnat GPL/gnat-2010-x86_64-apple-darwin9.6.0-bin

and this is the cause of the problem. I worked around it by moving
the directory gnat-2010-x86_64-apple-darwin9.6.0-bin directly into
the AdaCore directory and installation worked.

From: Stephen Sangwine on
I've now reported this problem to AdaCore, with the suggested
fix of changing the directory name from 'GNAT GPL' to 'GNAT-GPL'
in the downloaded tar file.

From: Stephen Sangwine on
On 2010-07-08 11:22:26 +0100, Stephen Sangwine <sjs(a)essex.ac.uk> said:

> I've now reported this problem to AdaCore, with the suggested
> fix of changing the directory name from 'GNAT GPL' to 'GNAT-GPL'
> in the downloaded tar file.

And I have been told the problem has already been fixed, so more
recent downloads should not suffer from it.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: SI unit checking
Next: gnade odbc and join tables