From: Vic Dura on
Does anyone know if InstallWatch Pro has been updated beyond v2.5c or
is that the last version? Is there anything else like it that runs on
winXP?

Thanks

--
See the A.C.F alternative FAQ at http://stalkingsheep.co.uk/antifaq.htm
In an unmoderated NG you can control what you read and what you write.
From: Phoenix on
"Vic Dura" <vpdura(a)XXXhiwaay.net> wrote in message
Does anyone know if InstallWatch Pro has been updated beyond v2.5c or
is that the last version? Is there anything else like it that runs on
winXP?

I would suggest Total Uninstall.
It has gone $hareware now (v3.01) but the previous freeware version is still
available (v2.35).
The only difference (AFAIK) between 2.35 and 2.34 (last on the freeware only
page) is that
2.35 carries an inducement to upgrade to the $hareware version (discreet
button).

2.3x will do all you want, and it runs fine here on XP with SP2.
If you can't find a ddl link to v2.34 and want it, post back please.

From: Sweet Andy Licious on
Phoenix wrote:
> "Vic Dura" <vpdura(a)XXXhiwaay.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if InstallWatch Pro has been updated beyond v2.5c or
> is that the last version? Is there anything else like it that runs on
> winXP?
>
> I would suggest Total Uninstall.
> It has gone $hareware now (v3.01) but the previous freeware version
> is still available (v2.35).
> The only difference (AFAIK) between 2.35 and 2.34 (last on the
> freeware only page) is that
> 2.35 carries an inducement to upgrade to the $hareware version
> (discreet button).
>
> 2.3x will do all you want, and it runs fine here on XP with SP2.
> If you can't find a ddl link to v2.34 and want it, post back please.

Second that Total Uninstall; I believe I have 2.34 installed and IIRC 2.35
is the latest freeware, but it works for me. I can see why the author
decided to make a little money. ;)
--
Andy

email: sweetandylicious at eml dot cc

From: Jim on
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:50:58 -0600, Vic Dura wrote:

> Does anyone know if InstallWatch Pro has been updated beyond v2.5c or
> is that the last version? Is there anything else like it that runs on
> winXP?
>
> Thanks

Thought I was the only person still using InstallWatch Pro! The 2.5c
appears to be it. Not the fastest, especially when the dbf file gets
larger, but a lifesaver for many years. I will soon try the Total
Uninstall as others have suggested.
From: Bazza on
"Vic Dura" wrote...
> Does anyone know if InstallWatch Pro has been updated beyond v2.5c or
> is that the last version? Is there anything else like it that runs on
> winXP?

v2.5c is the last version & it works on my WinXP Pro box. Use it to monitor
every SFW install, upgrade or uninstall.

--
Barry...