From: Trevor on
Running ubuntu 9.04 "jaunty".

When I run make I get the following error:

Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these
modules were not found:
_sqlite3

So the easy solution is to just install the missing dependency using
apt-get, "sudo apt-get -f install libsqlite3-dev" but I get the
following error:

libsqlite3-dev: Depends: libsqlite3-0 (= 3.6.10-1) but
3.6.10-1ubuntu0.2 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

I tried uninstalling "libsqlite3-0" but synaptic said many things
needed it (50+).

So now I am stuck. I can't install the missing dependency. And
therefore I can not install python 3.1.2.

**Any ideas on how to fix the missing libsqlite3-dev dependency?**
From: Benjamin Kaplan on
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Trevor <trevorboydsmith(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Running ubuntu 9.04 "jaunty".
>
> When I run make I get the following error:
>
>    Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these
> modules were not found:
>    _sqlite3
>

> So the easy solution is to just install the missing dependency using
> apt-get, "sudo apt-get -f install libsqlite3-dev" but I get the
> following error:
>
>    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>      libsqlite3-dev: Depends: libsqlite3-0 (= 3.6.10-1) but
> 3.6.10-1ubuntu0.2 is to be installed
>    E: Broken packages
>
> I tried uninstalling "libsqlite3-0" but synaptic said many things
> needed it (50+).
>
> So now I am stuck. I can't install the missing dependency. And
> therefore I can not install python 3.1.2.
>
> **Any ideas on how to fix the missing libsqlite3-dev dependency?**

Make sure that the jaunty-updates repository is enabled in Software
Sources. 3.6.10-1 is the latest version in the normal jaunty
repository, 3.6.10-1ubuntu0.2 is the latest version in the
jaunty-updates repo.

If that still doesn't work, just download the appropriate deb directly
from http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty-updates/libsqlite3-dev
From: Thomas Jollans on
On 06/16/2010 07:29 PM, Trevor wrote:
> Running ubuntu 9.04 "jaunty".
>
> When I run make I get the following error:
>
> Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these
> modules were not found:
> _sqlite3
>

> So the easy solution is to just install the missing dependency using
> apt-get, "sudo apt-get -f install libsqlite3-dev" but I get the
> following error:

> libsqlite3-dev: Depends: libsqlite3-0 (= 3.6.10-1) but
> 3.6.10-1ubuntu0.2 is to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>
> I tried uninstalling "libsqlite3-0" but synaptic said many things
> needed it (50+).
>
> So now I am stuck. I can't install the missing dependency. And
> therefore I can not install python 3.1.2.

you can, in fact, install Python. It does not, as such, depend on
sqlite. You will of course be missing the sqlite module, but if you can
live without that, there's no problem.

> **Any ideas on how to fix the missing libsqlite3-dev dependency?**

if there is no libsqlite3-dev package for
libsqlite3-0-3.6.10-1ubuntu0.2, then you could either

* find a copy of libsqlite3-0-3.6.10-1 (the version which
libsqlite3-dev appears to require), download it and downgrade
manually with dpkg -i

* extract the contents of the -dev package manually. Should work, but
you'll run into problems if you ever upgrade the system to a newer
ubuntu release.

* get the source package and build new packages from that. You'll
need to install build-essential and find a good howto somewhere.

Thomas