From: AllenWhite on
Does anyone have experience with installing a new copy of Office 2010
(Word and Excel only) or upgrading the existing installation, but
retaining Access 97 (or 2000)? Any issues with Access 97 running next
to the 2010 Office applications? To be clear, Access 2010 will NOT be
installed - the old version will be the only one present.
From: Gina Whipp on
AllenWhite,

Most folks here have experience with multiple versions of Office with
Access. So you might be hard pressed to find a User with your
configuration. I have Access 2000 to Access 2007 on a Windows XP machine
and Access 2003 to Access 2010 on a Windows 7 64 bit machine both with no
issues.

In your case the only issue I can think of is if your Access 97 application
needs to use Word and/or Excel. They will not talk nice to each other. In
fact, I don't think they will talk at all.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)