From: Mai-lan Tomsen Bukovec on
The recent release of the Microsoft Web Platform Installer (WebPI) v2 beta installs the latest community PHP stable release (5.2.9-2 right now) on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008. We are installing the build from http://windows.php.net/downloads and running the Windows Installer for PHP silently as part of the Web PI experience.

To learn more, we have a walk-through for how to use WebPI to lay down community PHP<http://tiny.cc/ardYw> and an overview of Web PI v2 beta<http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/616/introducing-the-microsoft-web-platform-installer/>. You can get free best effort support on the Web PI customer forum<http://forums.iis.net/1155.aspx>. We also have team members who are part of this PHP on Windows community list and can help out with questions here too.

Much thanks to John and Pierre for their support in working with us on this WebPI integration!

Thanks,
Mai-lan

Product Unit Manager, IIS
http://blogs.iis.net/mailant