From: =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Michael_Gr=FCnewald?= on
Dear list,

I want to port some software using BSD Make makefiles to build.

I should probably port this collection of makefiles itself and I wish to
know what is the best way to let make(1) find them.

I think these files should go in ${LOCALBASE}/share/mk but maybe someone
has a more interesting suggestion?

One copied at this location, there is many possbilities to let make(1)
find these files. Here is the list of possibilities I thought of:
-- spam make.conf with a line `.MAKEFLAGS: -I${LOCALBASE}/share/mk';
-- modify make itself to have him look at this place;
-- use ports(7) mechanisms to have the appropriate flag added on the
make command line, on a per-build basis.

Any comments are welcome!
Kind regards,
Michael