From: Nico Schottelius on
Hello folks!

I've now seen that sometimes (!) if I startup the system
with latest linux-2.6 series kernels that my systems shuts down
(i.e. no halt, directly to power off) when I startx.

With this kernel I've seen it some minutes ago.
The shutdown situation happened after the suspend issues
(i.e. rebooted after suspend, forced power off via power button,
restart, startx; see thread "2.6.33-2.6.34-rc5 suspend issues" for
more information), not sure whether this is related.

Not sure how to debug this, attached my .config and everything
else generated by get-sysinfo.sh.

Cheers,

Nico

--
New PGP key: 7ED9 F7D3 6B10 81D7 0EC5 5C09 D7DC C8E4 3187 7DF0
Please resign, if you signed 9885188C or 8D0E27A4.

Currently moving *.schottelius.org to http://www.nico.schottelius.org/ ...
From: Andrew Morton on
On Tue, 4 May 2010 23:06:12 +0200
Nico Schottelius <nico-linux-20100504(a)schottelius.org> wrote:

> Hello folks!
>
> I've now seen that sometimes (!) if I startup the system
> with latest linux-2.6 series kernels that my systems shuts down
> (i.e. no halt, directly to power off) when I startx.
>
> With this kernel I've seen it some minutes ago.
> The shutdown situation happened after the suspend issues
> (i.e. rebooted after suspend, forced power off via power button,
> restart, startx; see thread "2.6.33-2.6.34-rc5 suspend issues" for
> more information), not sure whether this is related.
>
> Not sure how to debug this, attached my .config and everything
> else generated by get-sysinfo.sh.

I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that this might have
something to do with DRI. The only way we'll get to the bottom of this
is if you can bisect it, I'm afraid.
http://www.landley.net/writing/git-quick.html has some tips.

If you do do this, then please cc the patch authors and sign-offers and
the reelvant mailing list (dri-devel(a)lists.freedesktop.org?) on the
reply, thanks.

Am I correct in believing that this is a post-2.6.33 regression?