From: William B. Lurie on
I just got a new balloon info message above my
toolbar....... "Insufficient System Resources to
complete the API". That's nice, but why all of a
sudden? What system resources? And who asked for
it to complete an API, whatever that is? And where
do I go to check who asked for it, when and why?
From: Shenan Stanley on
William B. Lurie wrote:
> I just got a new balloon info message above my
> toolbar....... "Insufficient System Resources to
> complete the API". That's nice, but why all of a
> sudden? What system resources? And who asked for
> it to complete an API, whatever that is? And where
> do I go to check who asked for it, when and why?

I think you left out a word in your error message. ;-)

Start here:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Insufficient+System+Resources+exist+to+complete+the+API%22+%22Windows+XP%22

API - application programming interface

Was it trying to hibernate?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: William B. Lurie on
Shenan Stanley wrote:
> William B. Lurie wrote:
>> I just got a new balloon info message above my
>> toolbar....... "Insufficient System Resources to
>> complete the API". That's nice, but why all of a
>> sudden? What system resources? And who asked for
>> it to complete an API, whatever that is? And where
>> do I go to check who asked for it, when and why?
>
> I think you left out a word in your error message. ;-)
>
> Start here:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Insufficient+System+Resources+exist+to+complete+the+API%22+%22Windows+XP%22
>
> API - application programming interface
>
> Was it trying to hibernate?

Quite possibly, yes, on both counts. But it has been hibernating up
to now, and I've not added more RAM in 2 years. BTW, the recommended
solution, upgrade to latest SP, I tried when it became available,
I installed it and found characteristics I didn't like, and backed
off.
From: Unknown on
How much HD disk space do you have free? Do you run disk cleanup and defrag
regularly?

From: William B. Lurie on
I have 6.3 GB of HD space available, and yes, yes.

Unknown wrote:
> How much HD disk space do you have free? Do you run disk cleanup and defrag
> regularly?
> "William B. Lurie" <billurie(a)nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Shenan Stanley wrote:
>>> I think you left out a word in your error message. ;-)
>>>
>>> Start here:
>>> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Insufficient+System+Resources+exist+to+complete+the+API%22+%22Windows+XP%22
>>>
>>> API - application programming interface
>>>
>>> Was it trying to hibernate?
>>>
>> Quite possibly, yes, on both counts. But it has been hibernating up
>> to now, and I've not added more RAM in 2 years. BTW, the recommended
>> solution, upgrade to latest SP, I tried when it became available,
>> I installed it and found characteristics I didn't like, and backed
>> off.

Pages: 1
Prev: posts about Terhune
Next: Audio config