From: Phil Carmody on
and national security
item the FBI insisted on in the first version of CALEA?

They wanted all cellular phones to continually monitor
the location of the owner, EVEN WHEN NOT IN USE.

Every cellular phone would become a location
tracking monitor for the government.

And why would this be a critical public safety and national security item?

Because:

The NSA/FBI are raving rabid frothing-at-the-mouth lying looneys.

I hope you understand that by now.

* "Above the Law", by David Burnham, ISBN 0-684-80699-1, 1996
*
* A few months after his appointment as the new director of the Federal
* Bureau of Investigation, Louis J. Freeh delivered a speech at the National
* Press Club in Washington.
*
* More than two hundred Washington-based reporters, congressional staffers
* and interested lobbyists had come, and because the speech was carried by
* C-Span, National Public Radio and the Global Internet Computer Network,
* and would be the basis for articles in newspapers all over the United
* States, Freeh was also delivering his message to a much larger national
* and international audience.
*
* "The people of this country are fed up with crime," Freeh declared. "The
* media report it, the statistics support it, the polls prove it."
*
* To drive home his point and authenticate the national menace, Freeh said,
* "the rate of violent crime has increased 371 percent since 1960 --- that's
* nine times faster than our population has grown. In the past 30 years,
* homicides have nearly tripled; robberies and rapes each are up ove

From: Chip Eastham on
On Apr 18, 8:31 pm, Chip Eastham <hardm...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> "why did you subscribe to 'Soviet Life' and why did you write to
> * the Soviet embassy?"
> *
> * "I need to clear this up. It's in the interest of national security."
> *
> * With the invocation of the sacred words "national security," one of
> * the most powerful mantras of the long-lived Cold War, Mrs. Bernard's
> * seventy-nine-year-old husband burst out laughing. At any time, it
> * would have been hard to imaging the connection between his wife and
> * the fearsome world of espionage, the arms race and Check Point Charlie.
> *
> * But the wall had fallen, and Russia had a complete upheaval too. The FBI
> * agent's linkage of his wife to "national security" seemed absurd. The
> * agent, however, did not share George's amused astonishment.
> *
> * "Don't mock me," the couple remembers Emmett warning them.
> *
> * She had subscribed to the magazine for its impressive photography, and
> * had written to the Soviet embassy to thank them for sending an icebreaker
> * to free some whales, as suggested by a television show

I've reported the above spoofing of my post
to Google. Obviously someone has been busy
spoofing a variety of prior posters on this
thread, and I thought it best that Google
Groups look into the abuse.

regards, chip
From: Dik T. Winter on
In article <1ba3d31e-db5e-4bdf-a1cc-fb735a553b1c(a)m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com> Chip Eastham <hardmath(a)gmail.com> writes:
> I've reported the above spoofing of my post
> to Google. Obviously someone has been busy
> spoofing a variety of prior posters on this
> thread, and I thought it best that Google
> Groups look into the abuse.

But most of them do *not* come from google, they come from:
"Optima Telekom Usenet server" (abuse(a)optinet.hr, that is in
Croatia).