From: rfengineer55 on
I am new to this compiler having it on my computer for less than 24
hours.

I'm truly frustrated with the documentation.

I have opened Visual Studio 2008 and created a new project called
console1 and a few lines of Fortran source is automatically included
therein. It prints out "hello World"

Icompiled this mini Fortran program and it ran fin, thus the compiler
is working fine.

My question to the group is, where exactly to I copy in my legacy VAX
VMS Fortran code so I can compile that?

A couple members here mentioned that Intel can handle most if not all
VMS extensions. That's all well and good, but how specifically do you
set up/configure the compiler so that it will do that? I've been
through every menu item and I can't see where this is done. I can't
find information about this in the documentation.

Thanks,

Jeff
RFENGINEER55
From: baf on
On 6/9/2010 6:20 PM, rfengineer55 wrote:
> I am new to this compiler having it on my computer for less than 24
> hours.
>
> I'm truly frustrated with the documentation.
>
> I have opened Visual Studio 2008 and created a new project called
> console1 and a few lines of Fortran source is automatically included
> therein. It prints out "hello World"
>
> Icompiled this mini Fortran program and it ran fin, thus the compiler
> is working fine.
>
> My question to the group is, where exactly to I copy in my legacy VAX
> VMS Fortran code so I can compile that?
>
> A couple members here mentioned that Intel can handle most if not all
> VMS extensions. That's all well and good, but how specifically do you
> set up/configure the compiler so that it will do that? I've been
> through every menu item and I can't see where this is done. I can't
> find information about this in the documentation.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff
> RFENGINEER55

Start by reading the replies to your earlier questions.

You received a reply from Steve Lionel that stated

"Let me first point you at the Intel Visual Fortran user forum,
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/
- it's a great resource to learn and ask questions.

Follow his advice (He works for Intel!).