From: Ludovic Brenta on
The world-renowned Ada-Belgium International Spring Event once again
attracted a crowd; this year, 12 persons were present and another 2
expressed interest but could not attend. The Beaujolais Effect was
demonstrated once again. The Debian packaging workshop attracted
unprecedented audience of 5 enthusiastic people (not including
myself), some of whom actually came prepared with questions and Debian
already installed on their machines.

All in all it was a very pleasant event; Lady Ada smiled upon us from
the heavens and granted us excellent weather. I look forward to next
time.

There were 10 people present last year, 2 of whom also attended the
Debian packaging workshop. So, the interest in Ada grew 20% year over
year and the interest in "Ada in Debian" grew 150% year over year. Not
bad for a "dying" language.

--
Ludovic Brenta.
From: Yannick DuchĂȘne (Hibou57) on
Le Wed, 09 Jun 2010 16:57:01 +0200, Ludovic Brenta
<ludovic(a)ludovic-brenta.org> a Ă©crit:

> The world-renowned Ada-Belgium International Spring Event once again
> attracted a crowd; this year, 12 persons were present and another 2
> expressed interest but could not attend. The Beaujolais Effect was
> demonstrated once again. The Debian packaging workshop attracted
> unprecedented audience of 5 enthusiastic people (not including
> myself), some of whom actually came prepared with questions and Debian
> already installed on their machines.
>
> All in all it was a very pleasant event; Lady Ada smiled upon us from
> the heavens and granted us excellent weather. I look forward to next
> time.
>
> There were 10 people present last year, 2 of whom also attended the
> Debian packaging workshop. So, the interest in Ada grew 20% year over
> year and the interest in "Ada in Debian" grew 150% year over year. Not
> bad for a "dying" language.
>
> --
> Ludovic Brenta.

Could not join for personal reasons. Hope this will be OK for next year or
a later year.

Cheers, and hope you all enjoyed a lot.

--
There is even better than a pragma Assert: a SPARK --# check.
--# check C and WhoKnowWhat and YouKnowWho;
From: Alex R. Mosteo on
Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> The world-renowned Ada-Belgium International Spring Event once again
> attracted a crowd; this year, 12 persons were present and another 2
> expressed interest but could not attend.

FWIW, I didn't manifest any interest because I was unable to assist.
However, I'll be there as soon as I'm either rich or out of a job ;-)

From: Ludovic Brenta on
Alex R. Mosteo wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>> The world-renowned Ada-Belgium International Spring Event once again
>> attracted a crowd; this year, 12 persons were present and another 2
>> expressed interest but could not attend.
>
> FWIW, I didn't manifest any interest because I was unable to assist.
> However, I'll be there as soon as I'm either rich or out of a job ;-)

I look forward to this.

Apart from Ada-Belgium, do other local Ada organizations set up
similar events? If so, it would be nice to tell us about them here on
comp.lang.ada. Surely it shouldn't be too complicated to set up a
barbecue on a sunny afternoon and invite a few Adaists.

--
Ludovic Brenta.