From: Parag on
Hi,

Nice to hear that you guys are developing an audit tool. I have been working as a SQL DBA for around 4 years now totaling my overall SQL Server experience to 6 years.

As a DBA there is something new to learn almost every week.

Recently I came across the requirement for auditing. After doing a little research, I found out that it's worth going with third party tools rather than using built in SQL Server capabilities for auditing and I came across your site.

I am definitely interested what you guys have to offer and I can provide you my sincere feedback.

If you think my expertise can provide you what you are looking for, I will be happy to give you the same.

Looking forward to hear from you.

~Parag

Will wrote:

New SQL Server 2005 & 2008 Auditing Tool - Beta Testers Wanted (+Benefits)
11-Mar-09

SQLsoft, an independent software house, is seeking individuals to beta
test the latest version of SQLaudit - a new tool which generates
auditing scripts (I/U/D) against any number of tables in a database.

SQLaudit has been developed with ease-of-use in mind - it has a
straightforward, clean user-interface, a simple logging mechanism
(which will satisfy almost all auditing requirements), but above all
it requires very little maintenance. Using SQLaudit, you'll have
auditing on your tables in minutes.

We're looking for a small group of beta-testers, Some SQL Server
experience is required, but this does not need to be extensive -
SQLaudit does most of the hard-work for you!

The benefits - all active participants in the beta program will
receive a free, fully-licensed copy of the finished product.
Additionally, your feedback will have helped shape SQLaudit into a
tool you'll find indispensible!

If you would like to participate, send us a brief e-mail with a few
lines about yourself and your experience level with SQL Server. We'll
get back to you within a day, with further details about the beta
program.

We look forward to hearing from you - and many thanks!

Will (SQLsoft)

On Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:34 AM
Will wrote:

[...]

Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e41-3846-4db9-8e1b-f54c56a64ed9/get-silverlight-4-install.aspx
From: Will Alber on
Hi Parag - and thanks for your interest in SQLaudit.

SQLaudit (http://www.sqlsoft.co.uk/betas/sqlaudit.php) is a very 'young'
auditing tool - it's very basic and has no UI for viewing changes - although
one is planned. The underlying data is stored in a handful of tables, so
it's easy to pull out the records you need when checking for changes.

It uses fairly lightweight triggers to perform the auditing - all I can say
really is download the beta and have a play - I'm very open to making
changes to the software - and keen to extend the functionality to add (e.g.)
..Net controls for viewing audit trails.

Regards,

Will.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5045 (20100420) __________

http://www.eset.com