From: nunatarsuaq on
I'm using chroot environments as a form of virtualization of two mail systems.
The main system has a basic ethernet interface eth0 with IP0 and two
aliases: eth0:1 and eth0:2 with IP1 and IP2.
Each chrooted system is running its own postfix with IPx configured in
/etc/postfix/master.cf.

The problem shows up when postfix sends a message. Although it's
configured to use either IP1 or IP2, the receiving server sees it as
IP0.
IP0 is not resolved as a valid domain address, hence many servers
reject my mail.

The question is probably more about setting up Linux to use aliases
instead of basic IP0.

Any suggestions?

--
ToMasz

From: Robert Schetterer on
Am 22.06.2010 10:40, schrieb nunatarsuaq:
> I'm using chroot environments as a form of virtualization of two mail systems.
> The main system has a basic ethernet interface eth0 with IP0 and two
> aliases: eth0:1 and eth0:2 with IP1 and IP2.
> Each chrooted system is running its own postfix with IPx configured in
> /etc/postfix/master.cf.
>
> The problem shows up when postfix sends a message. Although it's
> configured to use either IP1 or IP2, the receiving server sees it as
> IP0.
> IP0 is not resolved as a valid domain address, hence many servers
> reject my mail.
>
> The question is probably more about setting up Linux to use aliases
> instead of basic IP0.
>
> Any suggestions?

use smtp_bind_address=

to bind outgoing mail to an ip
--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria

From: Robert Schetterer on
Am 22.06.2010 11:48, schrieb nunatarsuaq:
> I didnt' mention that but there's an extra interface in this system
> connected to the local network.
> When smtp_bind_address is set to the public IP and I'm trying to send
> something from LAN I get the log message:
>
> Jun 22 11:44:32 server emaster_postfix/smtp[6940]: D6AC76802D:
> to=<example(a)example.com>, relay=192.168.1.10[192.168.1.10]:10024,
> delay=0.12, delays=0.12/0/0/0, dsn=4.4.2, status=deferred (lost
> connection with 192.168.1.10[192.168.1.10] while receiving the initial
> server greeting)
>
> smtp_bind_address doesn't accept two IPs, local and public.
> Is there any other solution?

i am sure this can be fixed, but for now you send
to less info about your setup, what are you trying to goal
with running 2 instances of postfix?

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria

From: nunatarsuaq on

--
ToMasz

http://skocz.pl/przystanekGL - wspomnienia coraz bardziej odleg³e...

From: nunatarsuaq on
Actually I have two mail/www/ftp systems for two different domains on
a single piece of hardware. Instead of using a virtualization I chose
chroot as a more efficient method of using system resources and a way
to separate two independent servers.
The hardware has two network interfaces, one connected to the internet
and another connected to the LAN.
It allows to limit external bandwidth and allow for high-speed
connections between work stations and mail servers.