From: anex on
Hi

I am working on a project that requires me to interface a particular
hardware with my PC through a USB port and stream some audio data through
this connection. However i have never worked on USB interfacing before and
am looking for some good resources or tutorials to start work in this
field. I might also need to use a microcontroller in the interfacing
circuitry. I cant buy expensive ready made interfacing tools available in
the market and would want build them on my own. It would be great if you
guys could suggest something related to such a project that might be of
help..

Thanks in advance.!

---------------------------------------
From: hamilton on
On 7/11/2010 1:24 PM, anex wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am working on a project that requires me to interface a particular
> hardware with my PC through a USB port and stream some audio data through
> this connection. However i have never worked on USB interfacing before and
> am looking for some good resources or tutorials to start work in this
> field. I might also need to use a microcontroller in the interfacing
> circuitry. I cant buy expensive ready made interfacing tools available in
> the market and would want build them on my own. It would be great if you
> guys could suggest something related to such a project that might be of
> help..
>
> Thanks in advance.!
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com
Do you have any microprocessor in mind ?

If not Microchip has a FREE USB code examples available with their chips.

Go
to:http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1486
and start reading about the chips they have available with USB device
connections and code.

Other processors also have USB code available, this is the one I know about.

hamilton

From: larwe on
On Jul 11, 6:04 pm, hamilton <hamil...(a)nothere.com> wrote:

> Do you have any microprocessor in mind ?
>
> If not Microchip has a FREE USB code examples available with their chips.

Well, anyone who wants to sell USB microcontrollers (pretty much)
makes free (FREE! GRATUIT! KOSTENLOS! CLICK THE MONKEY AND WIN
$1,000!!!) sample code available for their chips.

I have a feeling there is a ready-rolled solution for the OP off the
shelf, for instance a USB audio adapter, but the original posting
presumed a certain path of investigation.
From: linnix on
On Jul 11, 12:24 pm, "anex" <anex.stormrider(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am working on a project that requires me to interface a particular
> hardware with my PC through a USB port and stream some audio data through
> this connection. However i have never worked on USB interfacing before and
> am looking for some good resources or tutorials to start work in this
> field. I might also need to use a microcontroller in the interfacing
> circuitry. I cant buy expensive ready made interfacing tools available in
> the market and would want build them on my own. It would be great if you
> guys could suggest something related to such a project that might be of
> help..

http://linnix.com/udip has a 32K USB AVR loaded with a CDC driver and
a Win VCOM app. All you need is the audio interface via SPI or
Serial. Sample CDC driver source code available from Atmel.
From: Neil on
On 7/11/2010 3:24 PM, anex wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am working on a project that requires me to interface a particular
> hardware with my PC through a USB port and stream some audio data through
> this connection. However i have never worked on USB interfacing before and
> am looking for some good resources or tutorials to start work in this
> field. I might also need to use a microcontroller in the interfacing
> circuitry. I cant buy expensive ready made interfacing tools available in
> the market and would want build them on my own. It would be great if you
> guys could suggest something related to such a project that might be of
> help..
>
> Thanks in advance.!

> Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Jan Axelsons Book USB Complete is Popular.