From: vbasean on
Recently I had a problem with MS Access date values between different
countries. I had Spanish dates dd/MM/yyyy actually converting as MM/dd/yyyy
on the US side db. Is this a known bug?

I have the source provider giving me text and then reconverting on my side.
It's very cumbersome because, as many of you may know, when you give someone
an inch they take a mile. Give someone a text field for a date and I promise
you there will be something else other than a date in that field sometime or
another.
--
~Your Friend Chris
From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:50:01 -0700, vbasean
<vbasean(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Recently I had a problem with MS Access date values between different
>countries. I had Spanish dates dd/MM/yyyy actually converting as MM/dd/yyyy
>on the US side db. Is this a known bug?
>
>I have the source provider giving me text and then reconverting on my side.
>It's very cumbersome because, as many of you may know, when you give someone
>an inch they take a mile. Give someone a text field for a date and I promise
>you there will be something else other than a date in that field sometime or
>another.

It's not a bug. And it's not "converting" anything.

THe date is stored as a Double Float number, a count of days since midnight,
December 30, 1899. The formatting (dd/mm/yyyy, mm/dd/yyyy, yyyy-mm-dd or any
of scores of other options) is controlled at display time by the format of the
table or query field or the form or report control displaying it.

If you're getting a text file you must know whether the text string
"02-04-2010" refers to February 4 or to el segundo de Avril, and parse it into
your table accordingly.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Allen Browne on
John's right, and here's my experience of using Access in a dmy country:
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html

From: 张小建 on