From: Jan Rogala Jan on
Hello,

We are curently buliding functional test suite by means of the Watin
framework.

We are experiencing problem when requesting web site in the Internet
Explorer in our tests.

Case when all is working

When we request web application locally on the server running test by nunit
console everything works fine.
Internet Explorer is opened, Password Chalenge appears and thorugh WatiN
proper credentials are filled in (Windows Authentication).

Case when the same test is not working

When we try to run it remotely triggering CruiseControlTray to make web
application request by means remote call to CruiseControl.Net NT Service
which calls WatiN, then it throws:
WatiN.Core.Exceptions.TimeoutException : Timeout while Internet Explorer busy

Presumably this may be some security issue.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

From: "Mr. Arnold" MR. on

"Jan Rogala" <Jan Rogala(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We are curently buliding functional test suite by means of the Watin
> framework.
>
> We are experiencing problem when requesting web site in the Internet
> Explorer in our tests.
>
> Case when all is working
>
> When we request web application locally on the server running test by
> nunit
> console everything works fine.
> Internet Explorer is opened, Password Chalenge appears and thorugh WatiN
> proper credentials are filled in (Windows Authentication).
>
> Case when the same test is not working
>
> When we try to run it remotely triggering CruiseControlTray to make web
> application request by means remote call to CruiseControl.Net NT Service
> which calls WatiN, then it throws:
> WatiN.Core.Exceptions.TimeoutException : Timeout while Internet Explorer
> busy
>
> Presumably this may be some security issue.
>
> Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Maybe, you need to use the <identity> tag in the web or app.config to
impersonate an account the has the proper permissions.