From: cycle on
The problem returned after a while. Definately a serious bug. Is there
anything I can do about it besides reporting it here?

Is it possible to uninstall the new windows update system?
From: David Larsson on
Just chiming in - I see the exact same problem as others in this thread
(Windows 7 Pro x64). I see the number of updates, and things are installed if
I click OK, but the list is empty. I am basically installing stuff on good
faith now.
For a while the problem went away and I thought there had been a fix (which
I couldn't see beforehand, of course), but now the same behaviour is back.
This needs to be fixed.
--
/ David

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you quote all of the previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup...especially when you hijack
someone else's 4-plus month old thread.

From: stanthony on

OK, guys here is the solution that worked for me.

First you have to manually stop Windows Update (WUAUSERV) service. To
do it use command prompt and type "net stop wuauserv" (w/o quotation
marks, of course). Then re-register the driver by typing "regsvr32
wups2.dll". Finally restart Windows Update service by typing "net start
wuauserv".

Voila.

--
stanthony

From: cycle on
For most customers it is not clear that there is an underlying USENET
involved in which older posts are not visible later on. I treated it as a
webforum because on microsoft.com it looks and behaves like a webforum. I'm
*not* going to apologize!

contribute

I expect bug reports to be appreciated. I guess the customer is just another
source of disturbance to you ..

Oh and here's your quote, you can keep it: