From: Dave U. Random on
Is Audiggle spyware/adware? Some scanners report it has a trojan. Are they
false positives because Audiggle has to upload an audio clip from your pc?
http://www.audiggle.com/

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Dave U. Random" <anonymous(a)anonymitaet-im-inter.net>

| Is Audiggle spyware/adware? Some scanners report it has a trojan. Are they
| false positives because Audiggle has to upload an audio clip from your pc?
| http://www.audiggle.com/

Not from what I see, no.

--
Dave

From: Anthony Deane on
"Dave U. Random" <anonymous(a)anonymitaet-im-inter.net> wrote in message
> Is Audiggle spyware/adware? Some scanners report it has a trojan. Are they
> false positives because Audiggle has to upload an audio clip from your pc?
> http://www.audiggle.com/

It's not spyware or adware. It will be because of the fact you have to
upload an audio clip.

Great program, works well, and sits in the background when you're not using
it.

Anthony

From: HTH on
Dave U. Random wrote:

>Is Audiggle spyware/adware? Some scanners report it has a trojan. Are
>they false positives because Audiggle has to upload an audio clip from
>your pc? http://www.audiggle.com/

MalwareBytes and SUPERAntiSpyware both give it a clean bill but jotti
found three problems:

- Trojan.Psw.Ldpinch.Acxw
- Trojan.Buzus.azbw
- BScope.Malware-Cryptor.MTA.0521

<http://virusscan.jotti.org/en-gb/scanresult/c19436b8301a31962d60b767d5cd6073a2d87fdc/193347773b8758e847be04d35d15acb350611bf1>

Take your pick :-)

Note:
I do wonder why they need to use a downloadable installer program when
uploading an audio clip to them would have been far easier to develop.
That is what jotti does.

HTH

From: HTH on
More...

I installed this Audiggy thing but when I started it, it asked for
an initial configuration of my audio card. But it didn't recognise mine
at all so that was it. It also issued a message saying that my system
doesn't support compression (whatever that is). I could go no further.
Also, it doesn't say so on the website afaik but it needs .Net 2.
It also created large numbers of registry entries during installaion.

Anyway, I uninstalled it and cleaned the system out and I won't be
installing it again.

As I said in my first post, if the service really is genuine they should
redesign it so that users upload an audio sample to their site for
analysis, not use a piece of junk software which has to be installed
locally and doesn't even work properly.

HTH