From: Eric on
Hi,

I need to configure a sendmail relay to guarantee that the first mail that
comes in will be the first to go out.

Can anyone advise if this is possible with sendmail, and how?

It is ok for the rest of the mails to be delayed, if the first mail is
deferred. Sequencing is more important than performance.

If not, is it possible to disable the "spool and forward" behaviour of
sendmail? (ie so that mails will remain in the outbox of mail client, only
to be sent later by mail client itself should problems be encountered by
sendmail that needs deferring)

Ps: I know this is a weird configuration. This relay is not to be used for
normal email. Rather, I need to use the sendmail relay function to submit
data to a mail server for a B2B application.

Thanks.