From: SP on
Good afternoon everyone,

I am a beginner level Microsoft Access 2003 user. One of the questions
raised at my work place was, "Would it possible to automate Microsoft Access
2003 to run a particular task on a scheduled time and date of each month?"

For example, could Microsoft Access 2003 be run at 12:00 am midnight of the
last calendar day of a given month (i.e. Jan 31, Feb 28, Mar 31, Apr 30,
etc.)?

Simply put, can Access be run at a pre-scheduled time automatcially?

Thank you,
SP
From: Steve on
Yes! You can use the Windows Scheduler to open an Access application at a
prescheduled time. Then you can create an autoexec macro in the application
to perform a certain task when the allication opens.

Look in Windows Help for the Windows Scheduler and Access Help for the
autoexec macro.

Steve
santus(a)penn.com

From: Daniel Pineault on
Yes, you can run access at set times using windows task scheduler.

Another way, probably not as advisable, but possible, would be to have your
db open on a machine and set a form's timer event to continuously check the
date/time and execute your action per your code. But like I said, Task
Scheduler is a better approach.
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

From: Wayne-I-M on
Hi

Have a look at this post I made a while ago - it deals with one methods you
can use to automate an access task using windows scheduler

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/6bc69da2f460c1ac/0ad542bc771f5144?lnk=st&q=#0ad542bc771f5144

Hope this helps

--
Wayne