From: Bob Vance on
That DoCmd.SendObject will find your default Mail client?

--
Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
MS Access 2007 accdb

From: david on
"Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> That DoCmd.SendObject will find your default Mail client?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
> MS Access 2007 accdb
> Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3

It's true if your default Mail client is Outlook :~)

Being able to find and use your default Mail client depends on your default
Mail client looking and acting exactly like DoCmd.SendObject expects.

Unfortunately, the specification for registration of the default Mail client
was never particularly clear, and drifted over the years. And some Mail
clients weren't particularly designed to be the "default as recognised by
Microsoft Access 2007 running on Windows XP".

I haven't seen any complaints recently about this particular problem, but I
assumed that was because the number of different mail clients in the world
was decreasing, not because compatibility with Access was improving.

In any case, on XP there are a number of different places that a Mail client
can be set as the "default" for different things. If it doesn't work first
time, post back with information about the specific Mail client you are
trying to use.

(david)

From: Bob Vance on
Thanks David, for your help..........Bob