From: kazabe on
Hi

My boss was request me to stop the mails related with non laborals contents.

Specifically wanna stop all the emails related with videos, jokes,
funny pictures, etc. We detect to any email with 12 or more address
destination in the body, always have non laboral content.

Is possible evaluate the body content to stop any email with 12 or
more forward addresses?

Thanks in advance.

From: Magnus =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E4ck?= on
On Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 05:37 CEST,
kazabe <kazabe(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> My boss was request me to stop the mails related with non laborals
> contents.
>
> Specifically wanna stop all the emails related with videos, jokes,
> funny pictures, etc. We detect to any email with 12 or more address
> destination in the body, always have non laboral content.
>
> Is possible evaluate the body content to stop any email with 12 or
> more forward addresses?

The body (or, as I suspect you really meant, the headers) is irrelevant,
it's the envelope you should inspect. A policy server can record the
number of recipients in a message and reject the message if a particular
condition is met. Check out existing policy servers like policyd and see
if they meet your requirements.

Of course, the users will find ways around this -- sending multiple
messages or just keep sending the messages but to fewer people. You have
a social problem, not a technical one.

--
Magnus B�ck
magnus(a)dsek.lth.se

From: kazabe on
2010/8/11 Magnus Bäck <magnus(a)dsek.lth.se>:

> The body (or, as I suspect you really meant, the headers) is irrelevant,
> it's the envelope you should inspect. A policy server can record the
> number of recipients in a message and reject the message if a particular
> condition is met. Check out existing policy servers like policyd and see
> if they meet your requirements.
>
> Of course, the users will find ways around this -- sending multiple
> messages or just keep sending the messages but to fewer people. You have
> a social problem, not a technical one.

hi

i need by example reject this email.

From: "MARTHA DIAZ" <marthadiaz77(a)hotmail.com>
To: divinama(a)hotmail.com, gonzalez.ac(a)gmail.com, maiagon(a)hotmail.com,
angelamaritza69(a)hotmail.com, bibiss_19(a)hotmail.com,
juancacorra(a)hotmail.com, zhia63(a)hotmail.com, lcpp86(a)hotmail.com,
carolina_neiza(a)hotmail.com
CC: dh_cd(a)hotmail.com, gercastr(a)hotmail.com, hldh(a)hotmail.com,
lualneiro(a)hotmail.com, condeter(a)supercabletv.net.co,
orfigomez(a)yahoo.com, mt_dr(a)hotmail.com, mauherdiaz(a)hotmail.com,
mpneisa(a)hotmail.com, rafitapapa94(a)hotmail.com,
albarpelaez(a)hotmail.com, virapeco(a)hotmail.com, zmpc15(a)hotmail.com
Subject: FW: LA MEJOR PUBLICIDAD!!
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:52:45 +0000

From: Camila Andrea Ruget Castro <carc1621(a)hotmail.com>
To: <bellota226(a)hotmail.com>,
<mariluna903(a)hotmail.com>,<eresandrea(a)hotmail.com>,
<vdamsk8(a)hotmail.com>,
<luisa7cow(a)hotmail.com>,<anacristancho_9(a)hotmail.com>,
<dianana26(a)hotmail.com>,<limaro21(a)hotmail.com>,
<juligonzi_1102(a)hotmail.com>,<auriscortis(a)hotmail.com>,
<karensita_182(a)hotmail.com>,<paula_inmoral(a)hotmail.com>,
<daniela_k93(a)hotmail.com>,<annyita_87(a)hotmail.com>,
<kalimaher15(a)hotmail.com>,<laura_mend_123(a)hotmail.com>,
<sajalosa(a)hotmail.com>,
<gambis89(a)hotmail.com>,<johanasasu(a)hotmail.com>,
<ladydvc2812(a)hotmail.com>,<pepadelmar_1(a)hotmail.com>,
<mariap_8cc(a)hotmail.com>,<pepadelmar(a)hotmail.com>,
<julia_chiri(a)hotmail.com>,
<patu145(a)hotmail.com>,<mapilarrugeta(a)hotmail.com>,
<adriruget(a)hotmail.com>,<chavita19_8(a)hotmail.com>,
<marthadiaz77(a)hotmail.com>,<ritogorrone(a)hotmail.com>,
<jorgepili2001(a)hotmail.com>,<alpinito65(a)hotmail.com>,
<ruget24(a)hotmail.com>,
<paulis_rc88(a)hotmail.com>,<pau_9311(a)hotmail.com>,
<german_ruget(a)hotmail.com>,<daniel_ruget_24(a)hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 00:35:27 +0100

>________________________________
> > From: ricardo8311(a)hotmail.com
> > To: limaro21(a)hotmail.com; karen17_87(a)hotmail.com; angelapatriciap(a)gmail..com; jenbluemoon(a)hotmail.com; angelacaraluna(a)hotmail.com; jotaeskate(a)hotmail.com; colera20(a)hotmail.com; adrianitalinda16(a)hotmail.com; ladydvc2812(a)hotmail.com; catha_8(a)hotmail.com; kavipar(a)hotmail.com; victoria_45_425(a)hotmail..com; lynnit(a)hotmail.com; civil.g7a(a)hotmail.com; lorenaalde(a)hotmail.com; mariak12_04(a)hotmail.com; astrovaca(a)hotmail.com; joyita_yp(a)hotmail.com; zare1234(a)hotmail.com; pilicamargo_112(a)hotmail.com; catatorres(a)hotmail.com; anamis_28(a)hotmail.com; luna_18555(a)hotmail.com; adrianheredia19(a)hotmail.com; monita_santamaria(a)hotmail.com; ximeka912(a)hotmail.com; julycano8(a)hotmail.com; mariacarolinita(a)hotmail.com; carc1621(a)hotmail.com; lilianita_rubio(a)hotmail.com; alejag_15(a)hotmail.com; mafegacharna(a)hotmail.com; ancodu65(a)hotmail.com; ediavi(a)hotmail.com; memoon_85(a)hotmail.com; yelaiah71989(a)hotmail.com; juliethcelis(a)hotmail.com
> > Subject: LA MEJOR PUBLICIDAD!!
> > Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 12:36:04 +0100
> >
> > RICARDO[http://gfx4.mail.live.com/mail/11.00/updatebeta/emoticons/smile_wink.gif]...
> > ________________________________
> > Prueba algunos de los nuevos servicios en línea que te ofrece Windows Live Ideas: tan nuevos que ni siquiera se han publicado oficialmente todavía. Pruébalo<http://ideas.live.com>

>Consigue el nuevo Windows Live Messenger
>http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

Charla con tus amigos en línea mediante MSN Messenger: Haz clic aquí

Charla con tus amigos en línea mediante MSN Messenger: Haz clic aquí

LOSMEJORESCOMERCIALES.pps

From: Noel Jones on
On 8/11/2010 3:43 PM, kazabe wrote:

> i need by example reject this email.
>

> From: "MARTHA DIAZ"<marthadiaz77(a)hotmail.com>
> To: divinama(a)hotmail.com, gonzalez.ac(a)gmail.com, maiagon(a)hotmail.com,
> angelamaritza69(a)hotmail.com, bibiss_19(a)hotmail.com,
> juancacorra(a)hotmail.com, zhia63(a)hotmail.com, lcpp86(a)hotmail.com,
> carolina_neiza(a)hotmail.com
> CC: dh_cd(a)hotmail.com, gercastr(a)hotmail.com, hldh(a)hotmail.com,
> lualneiro(a)hotmail.com, condeter(a)supercabletv.net.co,
> orfigomez(a)yahoo.com, mt_dr(a)hotmail.com, mauherdiaz(a)hotmail.com,
> mpneisa(a)hotmail.com, rafitapapa94(a)hotmail.com,
> albarpelaez(a)hotmail.com, virapeco(a)hotmail.com, zmpc15(a)hotmail.com
> Subject: FW: LA MEJOR PUBLICIDAD!!
> Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:52:45 +0000

Here's some rope:

# main.cf

# header_checks
IF /^(to|cc):/
/(@*){10}/ HOLD too many addresses in To: or CC: header
ENDIF

Note this counts the recipients listed in each header, not the
combined total.

Note this counts declared recipients listed in the headers.
This has little or no relation to actual recipients.

I wouldn't be surprised is this rejects mail you want, and
passes lots of mail you don't want. Use with caution.

A "too many recipients might be spam" test is far better
suited for a scoring system such as SpamAssassin, which can
also do more complex checks.

Consider using a content_filter or milter that incorporates
SpamAssassin.

Consider using "reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org" somewhere
in your restrictions. If your site is too big for the free
spamhaus service, it's well worth paying for.

Consider using the clamav anti-virus scanner with the
Sanesecurity add-on spam signatures.

-- Noel Jones

From: kazabe on

> Here's some rope:
>
> # main.cf
> header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks
>
> # header_checks
> IF /^(to|cc):/
> /(@*){10}/  HOLD  too many addresses in To: or CC: header
> ENDIF
>

> Note this counts the recipients listed in each header, not the combined
> total.
>
> Note this counts declared recipients listed in the headers. This has little
> or no relation to actual recipients.
>
> I wouldn't be surprised is this rejects mail you want, and passes lots of
> mail you don't want.  Use with caution.
>
> A "too many recipients might be spam" test is far better suited for a
> scoring system such as SpamAssassin, which can also do more complex checks.
>
> Consider using a content_filter or milter that incorporates SpamAssassin.

i use spamassassin to stop the spam, and work great. the problem is
related with a "user culture". by example: a user receive a great
joke, so forward it to others 10 users, and they forward again to
other 10 users and continue. We need stop them. the first idea is
talk with the users, but my boss request me an alternative technical
solution, i case of the users dont wanna cooperate.

thanks in advance