From: Roger Smith III on
I know that you can write DOS batch files, and place them in the startup
folder. When the user logs in, the batch file executes.

Is there a way to have a batch file execute when a user logs off? We need
to find a way to copy some files up to a server, when a user logs off for the
day.

Thanks
Rog

From: Jose on
On Mar 1, 5:47 am, Roger Smith III
<RogerSmith...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I know that you can write DOS batch files, and place them in the startup
> folder.  When the user logs in, the batch file executes.
>
> Is there a way to have a batch file execute when a user logs off?  We need
> to find a way to copy some files up to a server, when a user logs off for the
> day.
>
> Thanks
> Rog

Do you know that you can add a log off script (or batch file) to the
Group Policy for users?

When the user logs off, the additional log off commands will be
executed - and it will indicate that on the screen so you can test it
easily with a simple batch file to just copy a file from point A to
point B.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc781354(WS.10).aspx

You can do some Google searches for "xp logoff scripts" and similar
phrases to see what other people do.