From: Henry Kam on
TIA,

Henry

From: First of One on
I think you can use the latest Catalyst drivers for XP. Even though the
release notes no longer mention Windows 2000 support, once the files are
extracted, the required Win2K install script files are still present. This
is true at least up to Catalyst 6.12.
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat612-xp.html

I think Win2K SP4 is required for the drivers to work properly.

The other alternative is to grab the drivers from the motherboard mfr's web
site. For example, Asus fully supports the P5RD2-VM under Win2K.
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5RD2-VM

From: karl.muddiman on
First of One wrote:

> I think you can use the latest Catalyst drivers for XP. Even though the
> release notes no longer mention Windows 2000 support, once the files are
> extracted, the required Win2K install script files are still present. This
> is true at least up to Catalyst 6.12.

I would concur, doing a search on AMD site gives the last Windows 2000 ones
6.12. I've just installed the XP 7.3 on mine and 3D is certainly working
for my AIW9800SE.

Pages: 1
Prev: Saphire X1950xtx
Next: GV-AF64DGE