From: Terry on
Table 1
Recpt# Auto Num Pri Key
Unit
Table 2
ID Auto Num Primary
Name
Dep date
Dep #
Dep Type (chk, etc)
DepNum (Number on document)
Table 3
ID Auto Num
Amount
Rent
Late
Tried Unit table 1 to Name table 2
name table 2 to ID table three
The idea is not to have big table though I guess I could
Suggestions
From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:08:46 -0700, Terry <Terry(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Table 1
> Recpt# Auto Num Pri Key
> Unit
>Table 2
> ID Auto Num Primary
> Name
> Dep date
> Dep #
> Dep Type (chk, etc)
> DepNum (Number on document)
>Table 3
> ID Auto Num
> Amount
> Rent
> Late
>Tried Unit table 1 to Name table 2
>name table 2 to ID table three
>The idea is not to have big table though I guess I could
>Suggestions

And...

do you have a question?

Normally a link will be from the Primary Key (a unique, preferably meaningless
numeric identifier) in the "one" side table to a field of the same datatype
(Number, Long Integer if the primary key is an Autonumber) in the child table.
Since nobody here has any way to tell what a "unit" or a "name" is in your
system, nor the meaning of anything in your tables, it's more than a bit hard
to say!

I would recommend that you do NOT use special characters (blank, #) in
fieldnames, and that you also do not use reserved words such as Name.

You might want to read some of the tutorials in these links - Crystal has a
good chapter on Normalization which might help.

Jeff Conrad's resources page:
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html

The Access Web resources page:
http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html

Roger Carlson's tutorials, samples and tips:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/

A free tutorial written by Crystal:
http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html

A video how-to series by Crystal: