From: cipher on
This is regarding my old posting accesing mailbox using JavaMail API.
When I configured for the same ID in outlook I enabled an option
"Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)".

Now i need to enable this while accessing through the JavaMail code
too.
If you know, can you please let me know as how this can be done?

From: cipher on
When I try to access it , Iam getting the following error:
S: -ERR A required privilege is not held by the client.
C: QUIT
S: +OK Microsoft Exchange POP3 server version 5.5.2653.23 signing off
javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: A required privilege is not
held by the client.
at com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store.protocolConnect(POP3Store.java:128)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:236)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:137)
at POP3MimeTest.main(POP3MimeTest.java:16)
Exception in thread "main"

From: Nigel Wade on
cipher wrote:

> This is regarding my old posting accesing mailbox using JavaMail API.
> When I configured for the same ID in outlook I enabled an option
> "Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)".
>
> Now i need to enable this while accessing through the JavaMail code
> too.
> If you know, can you please let me know as how this can be done?

I'm not sure it can be done. I have a recollection that Outlook/Exchange SPA is
a Microsoft proprietary protocol, based on NTLM. I don't know if Exchange
offers any other form of secure channel.

E-mail : nmw(a)ion.le.ac.uk
Phone : +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555

Pages: 1
Prev: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Next: Create Array