From: phdcomputing on
I have tried to install the JDK 1.5.0 or later on Windows NT 4.0 and I
have the following
Message:
Error 1723 - There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.
A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run.
Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

I went to Microsoft site and install the windows installer 2.0.
It is still given this error.

Thanks
Peter

From: timjowers on
Made sure the installer service is running? HP printer barfed install
and I finally realized I'd turn that off.

From: phdcomputing on
Hi Tim,

Thanks for getting back quickly. I have started the windows installer
service.
Now, I am having problem to remove the previous installer which was
caused the
first time that I installed the JDK 1.5 incomplete at the last step I
got error 1723.

Can I go regedit and delete the entries or do you know tool to remove
orphan programs
in the Add/Remove program in the control panel.

I will keep trying to remove first because the re-install does not want
me to install it again.

I really appreciate.

Peter

From: James Snow, Software Developer on

phdcomputing <pdao(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have tried to install the JDK 1.5.0 or later on Windows NT 4.0 and I
> have the following
> Message:
> Error 1723 - There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.
> A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run.
> Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
>
> I went to Microsoft site and install the windows installer 2.0.
> It is still given this error.
>
> Thanks
> Peter

Down the evil Bill Gates, control freak of the universe.

From: Harri Tuuloskoski on
phdcomputing wrote:
> I have tried to install the JDK 1.5.0 or later on Windows NT 4.0 and I
> have the following
> Message:
> Error 1723 - There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.
> A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run.
> Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
>
> I went to Microsoft site and install the windows installer 2.0.
> It is still given this error.
>
> Thanks
> Peter

NT is not a supported OS for JDK 1.5 (or 5.0, take your pick).
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/system-configurations.html

--
Harri
 |  Next  |  Last