From: Gautier on
Hello,

I have a random HTML-formatted text generator in Ada and would like to use
JGNAT to display the generated HTML on a client browser and also eventually
allow the user to generate it again.
The generator would also be part of the "Adapplet" - no cgi or server-side
programming.
Do someone have a small code sample to fill (for instance) a frame with HTML,
maybe also a "refresh" button, or whatever like that ?

The output could look like these ones
http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/
http://www.elsewhere.org/pomo

TIA
Gautier -- http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/index.htm
Ada programming -- http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm

From: Marc A. Criley on
Gautier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a random HTML-formatted text generator in Ada and would like to
> use JGNAT to display the generated HTML on a client browser and also
> eventually allow the user to generate it again.

JGNAT is unsupported and I think pretty much non-functional with current
JDKs (YMMV). I used it heavily for a project about 5+ years ago, and I
believe it worked it okay with JDK 1.2, tasking broke with JDK 1.3, and
beyond that I think you could count yourself lucky if you got a working
program.

-- Marc A. Criley
-- McKae Technologies
-- www.mckae.com
-- Avatox - DTraq - XIA - XML EZ Out
From: gautier_niouzes on
Marc A. Criley:

> JGNAT is unsupported and I think pretty much non-functional with current
> JDKs (YMMV). I used it heavily for a project about 5+ years ago, and I
> believe it worked it okay with JDK 1.2, tasking broke with JDK 1.3, and
> beyond that I think you could count yourself lucky if you got a working
> program.

The demo applets work fine, and I don't need tasking for that funny
applet...

Gautier

From: Georg Bauhaus on
On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 00:08 +0200, Gautier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a random HTML-formatted text generator in Ada and would like to use
> JGNAT to display the generated HTML on a client browser and also eventually
> allow the user to generate it again.

Do you mean, the applet produces the HTML that will be displayed
in the browser's window? That is, exporting some applet scripting
interface? (In this case you would be replacing elements of the
DOM by ID using the HTML code exported by document.Applet1, say.)

As for JVM compatibility settings, AppletMagic is a lot more up
to date in this regard.

From: Gautier on
>> I have a random HTML-formatted text generator in Ada and would like to use
>> JGNAT to display the generated HTML on a client browser and also eventually
>> allow the user to generate it again.

Georg Bauhaus:

> Do you mean, the applet produces the HTML that will be displayed
> in the browser's window? That is, exporting some applet scripting
> interface? (In this case you would be replacing elements of the
> DOM by ID using the HTML code exported by document.Applet1, say.)

It is the idea.
And clearly you know more about how to do it in detail than I do (easy: I have
no clue!)...
Any piece of code ? Or we could do it together!
It should be no magic, just spitting HTML to the right place...

> As for JVM compatibility settings, AppletMagic is a lot more up
> to date in this regard.

Since it is foreseen as a GPL, open-source project, I would prefer to be able
to use JGNAT, even though it is a bit outdated.