From: tuti plain on
Hello all,

I am trying out Rails using JRuby. I set up a Rails app using
netbeans, and installed all the necessary gems, including
activerecord-jdbc-adapter, and rake. However, whenever I try to run a
migration using "rake db:migrate, I get a message saying:

Error opening script file: C:/jruby/projects/RecetaDB/rake (The system
cannot fi
nd the file specified)

It is obvious that rake is not in that folder, although the rake file
is, but how can I fix it? Note that I also use ruby one click instaler
on this same machine. Could it be an environment variable problem?

From: Nick Sieger on
On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 11:21 AM, tuti plain <hypermeister(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>  I am trying out Rails using JRuby.  I set up a Rails app using
> netbeans, and installed all the necessary gems, including
> activerecord-jdbc-adapter, and rake.  However, whenever I try to run a
> migration using "rake db:migrate, I get a message saying:
>
> Error opening script file: C:/jruby/projects/RecetaDB/rake (The system
> cannot fi
> nd the file specified)
>
> It is obvious that rake is not in that folder, although the rake file
> is, but how can I fix it?  Note that I also use ruby one click instaler
> on this same machine.  Could it be an environment variable problem?

Could be a number of things, PATH environment variable, bug in JRuby
launcher scripts, etc. What about "jruby -S rake"? Maybe you're
picking up a different rake than you expected.

/Nick

From: tuti plain on
Hi,

I was solve to do the migration by explicitly specifying the path of
rake:

jruby c:\jruby\bin\rake db:migrate

I had to install the jdbc adapter gem after that, but it worked.

From: Charles Oliver Nutter on
On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 1:48 PM, tuti plain <hypermeister(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I was solve to do the migration by explicitly specifying the path of
> rake:
>
> jruby c:\jruby\bin\rake db:migrate

I concur with Nick...something's strange about your PATH

What do you get if you type

dir C:\jruby\bin\*.bat

??

Is there a rake.bat there?