From: xbluewho on
Can anyone tell me if JTDS supports shared memory access?

I would like to access the DB with TCP and Named Pipe DISABLED

Appreciate your replies. Thanks!

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/118_0_0_0_0_0/microsoft-public-sqlserver-server.htm

Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups
http://www.developmentnow.com/g/
From: Jeroen Mostert on
On 2010-03-12 2:48, xbluewho wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if JTDS supports shared memory access?

No, it doesn't.

> I would like to access the DB with TCP and Named Pipe DISABLED

Then you're out of luck. jTDS requires at least one of those.

However, you can still lock out access to the server from remote addresses,
which should be equally safe. Use the SQL Server Configuration Manager to
disable all addresses on TCP/IP except 127.0.0.1. I don't know if it's
possible to lock out remote named pipe access (it's certainly technically
possible, but I don't know if you can configure it).

--
J.