From: Jim Brain on
As many of you are probably aware, I acquired a license to sell JiffyDOS
earlier this year and am now ramping up sales.

To that end, I am trying to reconstruct the exact product offerings that
CMD offered. This means verifying images, and determining what original
ROM images CMD supplied with each overlay.

Thus, if anyone can use a DOS ROM reading utility (or EPROM reader) and
can send me a copy of the both halves of the JDOS ROM, I'm still
struggling with the following systems.

1571: I have three versions here, but cannot determine which is correct.
The MD5s are: 41c6cc528e9515ffd0ed9b180f8467c0,
6b4d46b28b7414d5a82cea4972894600, and d649fa6b0108c20ce213f5496d5980a5.
Also, what did CMD supply as the original 1571 ROM image in the low
bank? Finally, what is the version number on the ROM sticker?)

MSD SD1/SD2: I am trying to determine the version of MSD code in the
lower half of the U5 JiffyDOS for SD2. The MD5 is
1a2efac3b96decf83fba27bc17c5a8a7. I checked against my SD2-2.3 version
here, but they are different. Also, is the SD1 JiffyDOS the same as SD2
version?

Indus GT: I do not have an original JDOS for this, so I need a dump to
compare.

1541C: Again, I do not own an original JDOS for this machine.

I understand there is a Swedish version of JiffyDOS for the C128 and
C128D (and possibly for the C64).

Any help folks can provide would be much appreciated.

To clarify, I know there are bootleg archives available, but I can't
consider them authoritative. In addition, the archives would not tell
me what CMD placed in the non-JD half of the EPROM on units with
switches. I would prefer to check against genuine copies of the
overlays if at all possible.

Jim
From: MagerValp on
On 11 Nov, 07:28, Jim Brain <br...(a)jbrain.com> wrote:
> I understand there is a Swedish version of JiffyDOS for the C128 and
> C128D (and possibly for the C64).

No, they were made by me, and sent as patches to Maurice. At one point
I had a bug in the keyboard map, so if you plan on offering them they
need to be verified. PETSCII $A4, $FA, and a few other are impossible
to type with the official Swedish kernal, but I mucked something up
when I tried to fix this.
From: Jim Brain on
MagerValp wrote:
> On 11 Nov, 07:28, Jim Brain <br...(a)jbrain.com> wrote:
>> I understand there is a Swedish version of JiffyDOS for the C128 and
>> C128D (and possibly for the C64).
>
> No, they were made by me, and sent as patches to Maurice. At one point
> I had a bug in the keyboard map, so if you plan on offering them they
> need to be verified. PETSCII $A4, $FA, and a few other are impossible
> to type with the official Swedish kernal, but I mucked something up
> when I tried to fix this.

Can I get the patches to verify?

If so, anyone interested in testing?
From: MagerValp on
On Nov 11, 2:52 pm, Jim Brain <br...(a)jbrain.com> wrote:
> MagerValp wrote:
> > On 11 Nov, 07:28, Jim Brain <br...(a)jbrain.com> wrote:
> >> I understand there is a Swedish version of JiffyDOS for the C128 and
> >> C128D (and possibly for the C64).
>
> > No, they were made by me, and sent as patches to Maurice.

I'm going to have to correct myself here. There was an official
Swedish JiffyDOS ROM. However, IIRC, the editor ROM ($c000-$cfff) was
unmodified from the C= ROM.

> > At one point
> > I had a bug in the keyboard map, so if you plan on offering them they
> > need to be verified. PETSCII $A4, $FA, and a few other are impossible
> > to type with the official Swedish kernal, but I mucked something up
> > when I tried to fix this.
>
> Can I get the patches to verify?

Sure, if I can find them...
From: bluebirdpod on
On Nov 10, 11:28 pm, Jim Brain <br...(a)jbrain.com> wrote:

> Indus GT: I do not have an original JDOS for this, so I need a dump to
> compare.
>

> Jim

I think my IndusGT has JD official roms, lemme look, its burried
though!
and I do have a old 4 slot dos programmer that I can read them from,
seems it didnt have a switch, and there are three eproms if I remember
correctly. It was an older version too, I dont think 6.01 was avail
for the GT
drive, I think it was 5.01 I will let you know.

-BBP