From: MM on
I was looking for a masked textbox for hex input and in the MSDN blurb
on How to Create a Numeric Text Box (.Net, naturally, this being
Microsoft) my eyes hit upon the following:

Dim numberFormatInfo As NumberFormatInfo =
System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat

I mean, you REALLY have to allow that to sink in...
System....
....Globalization....
....CultureInfo....

.....CurrentCulture....

.....NumberFormat

Yeuch!

MM
From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-01-30, MM <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I was looking for a masked textbox for hex input and in the MSDN blurb
> on How to Create a Numeric Text Box (.Net, naturally, this being
> Microsoft) my eyes hit upon the following:
>
> Dim numberFormatInfo As NumberFormatInfo =
> System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat
>
> I mean, you REALLY have to allow that to sink in...
> System....
> ....Globalization....
> ....CultureInfo....
>
> ....CurrentCulture....
>
> ....NumberFormat
>
> Yeuch!
>
> MM

I'm not sure your fellow VB6'ers should be very happy with you on this. You
mentioned .NET and now you have INVITED replies. Or, is it now ok to have
these discussions here?

--
Tom Shelton
From: mayayana on

> I'm not sure your fellow VB6'ers should be very happy with you on this.
You
> mentioned .NET and now you have INVITED replies. Or, is it now ok to have
> these discussions here?

I think he was making a point about political
cor-ectness -- the ironically crass insensitivity of
institutionalized gentility. ... But maybe that's just
me.
Like a born-again Chri*tian in a p--n shop, you
have a dually-perverse, one-track mind. :)

From: Nobody on
"MM" <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat

What does this have to do with VB6? This group is for VB6 and earlier.
VB.Net and all dotnet groups have either "dotnet" or "vsnet" in the group
name. Go post here instead:

From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-01-30, mayayana <mayaXXyana(a)rcXXn.com> wrote:

>> I'm not sure your fellow VB6'ers should be very happy with you on this.
> You
>> mentioned .NET and now you have INVITED replies. Or, is it now ok to have
>> these discussions here?
>>

> I think he was making a point about political
> cor-ectness -- the ironically crass insensitivity of
> institutionalized gentility. ... But maybe that's just
> me.
> Like a born-again Chri*tian in a p--n shop, you
> have a dually-perverse, one-track mind. :)

LOL... Dude - you have absolutely NO room to talk. Your one of the "gang"
that immediately jumps on anyone for even mentioning .NET. And yet, you seem
to be defending the actions of one of your compatriots.... I find that
interesting.

--
Tom Shelton