From: Tracey on
I ran the Run: sfc. scannow and nothing came up.
I went directly to the link provided
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821>

I saved it to my desktop nd then ran it. It said it did not apply for my system. I forgot to mention that I received this message when I tried to install the updates manually. Yes, I did make sure it said Vista 64. Still doesn't work.

Tracey McFarland wrote:

3 security updates will not complete. Error Code 80070490
02-Mar-10

I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238, KB97451, & KB975517.

My OS is Vista 32 and I have installed the SP2

I tried in safe mode, installing during a restart and installing manually. Upon looking at my update history, I have 12 other failed security updates. I unistalled McAffee and installed Windos security essentials, cleaned my computer with CCleaner, ran Spybot, and defragged my computer. I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X.

The 12 other failed security updates are :
KB950762
KB951066
KB951698
KB952069
KB953155
KB954155
KB958624
KB958644
KB958687
KB959426
KB960803
KB970238
KB974571
KB975517

I listed them in order thinking that maybe I should do the earliest one first, one by one manually. I can't download a single update. Please help if you can.

EggHeadCafe Chat Chaos in Silverlight Released Today
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/325ea67e-d6c4-4811-b096-54f31bdede5d/eggheadcafe-chat-chaos-in.aspx