From: Jan Schreuder on
I have tried several times to install KB 979683.Impossible. I received the
message 0xF00B0004.
Nowhere I can find something to solve this problem. Please help me.
From: Ǝиçεl on
Hello Jan,

Which Windows edition and Service Pack level ?

Please always state which Windows edition and Service Pack level ? and what
version of Internet Explorer? as it often does make a difference -

Also, could you supply some information on what your firewall is, what is
the installed antivirus/security suite, other R-TP programs, e.g. Spybot
Search & Destroy (reduced functionality called "TeaTimer") Avira (From
version 9) (Included in antivirus package), Ad-Aware, etc?

Please do so in your next reply.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
-=-

See if anything here helps.

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=ad45c811-d3d6-40aa-a71d-b4cd4a2dfb9f&mid=ad45c811-d3d6-40aa-a71d-b4cd4a2dfb9f>

-or-

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/979683?p=1>

How to obtain help and support for this security update
the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft
International Support Web site:
(http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=4)
North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by visiting
the following Microsoft Web site:
(http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552)
your usual support contacts.
-=-

Ǝиçεl
-=

From: Ottmar Freudenberger on
"Jan Schreuder" <JanSchreuder(a)discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:
> I have tried several times to install KB 979683.Impossible. I received the
> message 0xF00B0004.

In case you're running Windows XP, your system is most likely "hijacked"
by an rootkit. See http://www.microsoft.com/security/updates/015/ for
an explaination.

Bye,
Freudi