From: jkylen on
Todays patches (8 Jun 2010) included an update for KB890830 which will not
install on any of my servers. I have Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2003 x64,
2008, 2008 x64 and 2008 R2 and in each case the system downloads the file and
runs it but never installs it and WSUS reports the servers as requiring this
update. I can leave the systems reporting this required patch but at this
time I can not install it and as it is required by my workstations (and
appears to be installing correctly on them) I can not hide it / decline it.
From: Ǝиçεl on
Perhaps tяy the WSUS Newsgroup

<http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverwsus/threads>
-=-

From: MowGreen on
Did this behavior ever occur prior to this instance ?

The Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool is updated each month with 2
of the most detected malwares and technically speaking, it does not
install, it just runs.

See if there's any clue in this MSKB:

Deployment of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool in
an enterprise environment
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891716

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY