From: diode0512 on
Vista Home Premium
Automatic update fails, error code 8024002D. I get a dialog box asking for
MSWORKS8.MSI . I did a search for this file and I can't find it. MSWorks
came installed on my computer. I do not have separate install disk for
MSWorks. It's all on my recovery disks.

Please help,

Joe
From: lizzie on
I hope someone can help as I am getting the same message and I dotn have
microsoft works 8 either but my comp keeps trying to install this update

From: Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP] on
Bob M wrote:

> Windows XP
> Automatic update fails, error code 0x8024002D. I get asked to insert
> Microsoft Works 8.0 disc but I only have 8.5. Should I try this or will it
> mess things up?
> Would appreciate any (simple) solution as I am not very technically
> minded. Thanks
> Bob

1 - Download the KB955428 update here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=458985c3-9c6f-4049-81cd-0d0389c81f11&DisplayLang=en
2 - Save the KB955428_en-US.cab (if you have english language) on your
Desktop
3 - Unzip the file and run it (double click on KB955428_en-US.msp)

--
Vincenzo Di Russo
Microsoft� MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003

From: Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP] on

From: LoneStar on

"Bob M" <BobM(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP
> Automatic update fails, error code 0x8024002D. I get asked to insert
> Microsoft Works 8.0 disc but I only have 8.5. Should I try this or will it
> mess things up?
> Would appreciate any (simple) solution as I am not very technically
minded.
> Thanks
> Bob

I had the same problem as you, and I DID use my Works 8.5 CD. It worked and
the update proceeded like a charm.

EW