From: noodles on
sorry but beside that the update is legit gives your link little to no
information about the update.
why is there no kb article?
why does it not ask for permission to install?
what does it do?
why does it install after installation of microsoft mouse v7.1?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
> why is there no kb article?

You'd have to ask MS why KB970158 is a generic reference for driver updates
offered by Windows Update.

> why does it not ask for permission to install?

Because your Automatic Updates setting ("Give me recommended updates the
same way I receive important updates") tells the update server to install
such driver updates without approval

> what does it do?

Updated drivers supposedly correct known-problems & bugs. If you're not
having problems, do you really need the driver update?

> why does it install after installation of microsoft mouse v7.1?

Because your Automatic Updates setting says to install such driver updates
automatically.