From: tros2112 on
I had a ticket to go to a Vice President(!!)'s desk because he was unable to
open a vsd file. His secretary, with Visio 2003 Standard, was able to open
it. I tried everything security-related to no avail. Also uninstalled and
reinstalled Viewer 2003. Installed Visio 2003 Standard, and he was able to
view it. I came across a recommendation to uninstall KB973525. I uninstalled
Viewer 2003 and that KB, reinstalled Viewer 2003, and it will open.
Is this officially a known issue?
From: Shenan Stanley on
tros2112 wrote:
> I had a ticket to go to a Vice President(!!)'s desk because he was
> unable to open a vsd file. His secretary, with Visio 2003 Standard,
> was able to open it. I tried everything security-related to no
> avail. Also uninstalled and reinstalled Viewer 2003. Installed
> Visio 2003 Standard, and he was able to view it. I came across a
> recommendation to uninstall KB973525. I uninstalled Viewer 2003 and
> that KB, reinstalled Viewer 2003, and it will open.
> Is this officially a known issue?

Why Visio Viewer 2003?

And you uninstalled it and still installed the older version... So - why?

Visio 2007 Viewer
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D88E4542-B174-4198-AE31-6884E9EDD524

"The Visio 2007 Viewer allows anyone to view Visio drawings and diagrams
(created with Visio 5.0, 2000, 2002, 2003, or 2007) inside their Internet
Explorer version 5.0 or later Web browser."

Vice President of what?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: smedley on
Having the same issue with XP and IE6 . Cannot get version 2007 to work
at all with that patch installed . This needs to be fixed , I have wasted a
lot of time on this . If you unistall the patch and use 2003 it will work ,
cannot get version 2007 to work at all , won't even open IE when 2007 is
installed .