From: PapaDrain on
initially got error message. After setting new batch files and other files
as suggested on this site - now I get message that "files not found" when
trying to download manually.

Using Windows XP and have loaded all available Pack 1, 2 and 3 updates -
through automatic or manually. Latest version of AVG in place and have had no
problems with any other updates loading.
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Have you ever had occasion to do a Repair Install of Windows for any reason?

What anti-virus application was installed before you installed AVG (any
version) and was your subscription still current or had it expired?

Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the computer

See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978542

(1-866-727-2338; and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United
States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.
There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security
updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a
Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB978542).

Or you can...

Start a free Windows Update support incident email request:

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following page for assistance:

your usual support contacts.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)